[DL] List o' Battles

One of my players would like to make a Confederate Soldier who fought for a
couple of years in the War.
It would be cool if we could come up with some battles that he participated
in to flesh out his character.

I found a few pages about the actual Civil War with maps and battles and
timelines - but nothing for the Deadlands-timeline.
Sure, we could come up with anything, but I'm not from America, so I really
have no idea, what suitable places for a battle would be.
And I'd like to keep it as realistic as possible.

So my question is: Did anyone here ever bother to flesh out a military
campaign or two that take place between 1864 and 1870?
(Because later, I figured,  The War cooled down a lot - until the
Novemberoffensives, of course.)
Or any other helpful hints?

Thanks in advance
Markus