Re: [DL] List o' Battles

At 03:17 PM 10/24/2001, Markus Finster wrote:
>One of my players would like to make a Confederate Soldier who fought for a
>couple of years in the War.

         God bless him, then!

>It would be cool if we could come up with some battles that he participated
>in to flesh out his character.
>I found a few pages about the actual Civil War with maps and battles and
>timelines - but nothing for the Deadlands-timeline.
>Sure, we could come up with anything, but I'm not from America, so I really
>have no idea, what suitable places for a battle would be.
>And I'd like to keep it as realistic as possible.
>
>So my question is: Did anyone here ever bother to flesh out a military
>campaign or two that take place between 1864 and 1870?

         Yeah, me.:-)

         It's been sitting on my hard drive for four years now, waiting for
SOMEONE at PEG to give me a venue to publish it.

>(Because later, I figured,  The War cooled down a lot - until the
>Novemberoffensives, of course.)
>Or any other helpful hints?

         I got as many battles as I could in Tales o' Terror: 1877 and Back
East: The South, so you might want to check out those two books. Perhaps,
before I shed the mortal coil, I can publish the rest.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God