Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Fate Chips

Here are some ideas on how to handle your players

1)  Award your players chips for going into combat and taking damage.  If
the character is a combatant and he's playing it give him chips.  Don't let
those wussies standing in the back get the advantage.

2)  Award more Chips.  Yes it sound insane but if you players have more they
will be more willing to spend them on roles and jump in combat more.  You
had said that you give thee a session plus the occasional Story award.  Are
you remembering to give chips for the most important thing of all, PLAYING
HINDRANCES.

3) Don't let them be cautious.  Ambush them, Capture them, Surprise them,
make sure there off guard.

4)  Here's one for skill use that kinda cheating.  Increase Target numbers.
Maybe Hucksters only need to role a 5 to draw their cards for a spell, but
what if they are in a strange haunted church that interferes with Magic.
Maybe they need 7 or 9 or even 11's to pull of a power.

5)  Here is one way to get the Chips flying(especially if they don't have a
demolitions skill in the party).  Have the party need to disarm a very
tricky Bomb.  There is no way that they can spend enough chips to negate
enough damage to survive, so they must disarm it.  Then make the target
number 25(say its dark,  the bomb is very tiny and the only instructions are
written in Aramaic).

Overall the only person letting players get to powerful is the Marshall.   I
personally don't believe there is such thing as to powerful of a character.
My players usually make it out of a session with 2-4 chips(and they most
likely have spent 1 to 3 in that session), Mainly because I really encourage
the playing of Hindrances.  I figure the tougher they become, the cooler
stuff I can throw at them.

Dan