Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Fate Chips

*snip*

> Does anyone have better ideas?

*snip*

Well, from your post and everyone's answers, and subsequent posts, here's my two
Canadian cents on the topic.

Increase the TNs of non­combat rolls for your posse if you want them to spend
their chips on their rolls.

Or psych them into thinking the rolls are hard. Our Marshal is a master at that,
especially with some of the more twitchy players. ;)

If someone totals a 5 or 6 on a Search roll, for instance, it's very easy for
the Marshal to say: "Do you care to chip that roll?" in that oh-so-meaningful
way that implies there's a whole lot riding on this roll that they don't want to
miss.

This has one of two results: either the player chips, and is thus rewarded for
his pains. Or he chooses not to, and the Marshal simply shrugs elaborately and
says: "Fine. You see nothing out of the ordinary."

After a few sessions, your players will be chipping their rolls like it was
going out of style. ;)

Daphné
--
"It is an odd thing Mr Ireton; that every man who wages war believes God to be
on his side. I'll warrant God must often wonder who is on His."