Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Fate Chips

In a message dated 10/29/01 10:56:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
chaos@highprogrammer.com writes:

> The characters which take a more active roll in combat are
>  already spending chips at a healthy rate.  The more
>  defensive/sneaky characters go to lengths to avoid taking damage
>  in the first place and end up holding on to more chips at the end
>  of the fight.  I've tried more combat or more dangerous combat,
>  this simple aggrevated the problem.  The combat oriented
>  characters got more injured and burned more chips.

Well, you can't blame people for not making a Forward Charge. Certainly, If I
were supposed to kill 20 walkin' dead, I would try as hard as I could not to
expose myself to danger.

>  Part of the reason I'm considering tinkerin' with this is the
>  more active combatents have gotten a bit resentful of the
>  situation.  They resent the more defensive characters advancing
>  their attributes more quickly.  They resent every wound as
>  stealing their chances for aptitude advancement.  I certainly
>  don't want everyone in my next campaign to err on the side of
>  caution.  A certain amount of kicking in doors shootin' is part
>  of the fun!

Well then, here's what I'd do- at the end of the session where you had this
kind of combat, where some were brave and stood right in the way of the
Bandits or whatever, and others took sniper positions in clocktowers where
they were quite safe, just do the following. To the clever, crafty sniper-
One white chip for your sneaky attacks. To the brave, knock down drag out
gunfighters, 2 red chips and a white for Cool-ass, ballsy fightin'.

In The Communist Fate System, You Get The Rewards You Need!

uriah