Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Natural Healing

A few general responses to various issues people have raised or
hinted at.

The use of fate chips to buy off wounds is directly tied into
considering messing with the healing rules.  Occasionally (most
often at various climatic fights), one or two characters will
have spent every chip fighting off the grim reaper and still
suffered a few serious wounds.  The rest of the posse will
generally be fine or lightly wounded and still have chips to
spare.  Even when combat is more evenly spread amoung the posse,
sometimes someone has a rash of bad luck.

My previous campaign kept the posse on the trail continuously.
Friends and family had been afflicted with some strange illness
and then kidnapped.  It's hard for the posse to consider spending
a few weeks resting up under those circumstances.  The entire
campaign only lasted a few months of game time.  Thus, any posse
members unfortunate enough to take wounds often carried them
around for a significant portion of the game.

Given that my goal for the next campaign is a more free roaming
group with no particular time pressures, my contemplated tweaks
may not be a good fit.

I am still interested in other thoughts on healing.

--
Alan De Smet chaos@highprogrammer.com http://highprogrammer.com/alan