Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Natural Healing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Downs" <knick_nevin@yahoo.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 2:41 AM
Subject: Re: [DL] Rules Tinkerin': Natural Healing

> --- Alan De Smet <chaos@highprogrammer.com> wrote:
> > Natural healing is slow.
>
> Of course it is, it wouldn't be 'natural' healing
> otherwise, it would be supernatural healing.
>
> > So my first possible change is to move healing
> > checks from every five days to every day.

Then you run into the actual supernatural healin'.  Especially in harrowed.
If normal folk heal daily, then "normal" harrowed would be doin' it every 4
hours or so, and the Stitchin' power _really_ cranks it up.  Level 5 might
be healin' wounds as the bullet passes thru the smelly dead flesh, leavin'
no injury behind at all!

(Please forgive any errors in the details, I dont' have my book handy.  The
general intent is to show that there is a ripple effect to consider.)

However, if you and your group really like this, it's your game.  Someone
else pointed out that if your posse had spent chips on wounds, they wouldn't
have to heal up.  But then again, the ones that need healin' are probably
the few that actually did go into the fight and spent a few chips at the
time.  The lilly livered few that hung back and are the real culprits in
your chip problem probably didn't need the rest.  And the players of the
injured should loudly proclaim "It's your turn to take the bullet, cowards!"
to the others.

And as always, this is just one guy's opinion...

Jeff Y.