Re: [DL] Bleedin'

> I was under the impression that, in Revised edition, default rolls were
> 1dX-4, X being the die of the stat.

Correct, but personally I prefer a hybrid of the old ways & new ways:
Unskilled = (TraitLevel)d(Trait)- 4
Related = (Related Aptitude)d(Trait) - 2

That way someone who is "naturally nimble" (say 3d10 Nimbleness) but has no
idea how to ride a horse has a little better chance of making the check than
someone who is not as good at using thier body (1d10). It makes Trait Levels
worthwhile in Traits other than Strength, Quickness, & Vigor (& maybe
Cognition depending on how you handle "Spot" checks). Otherwise what's the
point of having a 4d12 Knowledge? The most yer ever gonna use is 1.

xxoo
Matt the Drifter