Re: [DL] Deadlands to Deadlands:D20 Conversions

--- SteveL1979@aol.com wrote:
> Standard Time,
> PEGShane@aol.com writes:
>
>  So my advice from gamer to gamer is don't try to
> figure out how to
> translate.
>  Just take a hard look at the character/monster's
> stats in one game and then
>  figure out how you want him to work in the other.
> >>

>     Generally speakin', I have to agree with Shane
> here. I'm in the process
> of doing up D20 stats for a lot of famous outlaws
> for WAY OF THE GUN, and I'm
> certainly not working from any uniform conversion
> methodology. Some things
> translate from game to game really well, for others
> you just have to "feel"
> your way along.

I am not one to post "me too" comments, but in this
case I feel I have to throw my hat in with Shane and
Steve. Working on Way of the Huckster, and the
upcoming Way of the Dead and Way of the Brave books, I
ended up doing about the same thing Steve mentioned.
In the end it became more important to maintain the
feeling of the character than to make them translate
perfectly.

But, hey, if anyone can figure it out, I would
personally love to see it. :)

Later,

Fred

=====