Re: [DL] Deadlands to Deadlands:D20 Conversions

In a message dated 11/1/2001 7:27:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
PEGShane@aol.com writes:

<< This is why I didn't put conversion notes in there. It just doesn't make
 sense. If you need Wyatt Earp, just make him up at whatever level you need.
 Takes 5 minutes. If you go digging his stats out of Law Dogs and try to
 translate, you're going to get *something,* but it won't be what you need
 anyway, and it won't make the most sense given their feats and skills system.

 So my advice from gamer to gamer is don't try to figure out how to
translate.
 Just take a hard look at the character/monster's stats in one game and then
 figure out how you want him to work in the other. >>

    Generally speakin', I have to agree with Shane here. I'm in the process
of doing up D20 stats for a lot of famous outlaws for WAY OF THE GUN, and I'm
certainly not working from any uniform conversion methodology. Some things
translate from game to game really well, for others you just have to "feel"
your way along.
    Nevertheless, if you can come up with a workable conversion system, I'm
sure everyone here would love to see it!

Steve Long