Re: [DL] Re: The Carribean

<<<<<Why not though? I could see the South getting a bad
case of Manifest Destiny in Central America (Walker
ism?) though it really needs to get the war over with
and the whole political situation stabilised - as if
that is ever going to happen in Deadlands.
South America has some Republics - I don't know how
secure they are and the Empire of Brazil -
historically the last American slave holding state.>>>>>>

This plays a big role in my alternate timeline, actually. Mexico invades the
South and the Confederacy nearly crumbles- the Union takes the Maze, Arizona,
New Mexico, the Disputed Lands, Missouri, and Kentucky (Mexico gets rid of
Lost Angels, and the Union finishes off Deseret and the Sioux). Only a
British invasion stops the Union from finishing off the CSA. The CSA, with
the cease-fire, manages to beat back Santa Anna and takes Mexico- later
expanding throughout Central America. Naturally, there's just enough Ghost
Rock discovered in Sonora to keep the CSA equal with the Union. The Union,
luckily enough, wages a successful invasion of Canada. This was all written
up for my defunct Weird War 1 campaign idea.

The basic premise is that if the two sides ever stop fighting, the North will
look North, and the South will look South. (Southern Aggression would also
force Latin America to grow closer together, setting the stage for the LatAM
alliance....)