[DL] They live: was Pickett in Deadlands

> > >Yeah, but does he stay dead?
> >
> >          As far as I'm concerned, yes, Pickett
did not join the million or
> > so famous Harrowed people that already exist in
DL.

> For crying out loud, guys.  I was making a joke!

I've noticed a occsional tendency for the game
designers and others to get irritated whenever
someone starts talking about another famous person
coming back as a harrowed.

Please calm down, your scareing the newbies.

I have bought many deadland products and that I can
only think of two harrowed in the game setting that
where famous in thier living days. Therefore I must
disagree to the description of a"million or so famous
Harrowed people". Althought in fact I agree with the
policy that famous harrowed should be limited in
number, whether because the manitou that animate them
dont care about thier fame, or that other powers
protect the famous dead from being used for evil.

But in fact becoming harrowed is not the only way for
a famous figure to return to life, I can see a
senario where someone with the Baron's happy joy
juice starts stealing bodies of famous historical
figures in order to raise them as walking dead for
some grand fiendish scheam or for something as
mundane as contesting a inheiritance.

In other senarios a blessed can call in a big favor
to return a defender of the faith to life. A mad
scietist could build a new body for a old famous
brain. An elighted could call up to life their last
incarnation as a historical figure. An Voodoo priest
could be possessed by the spirit of a celeberty.

Plus there are madmen and impersonators running about
pretending to be the famous person as well the
senarios in which the famed person did not die at
all, thier death being faked by themselves or others.