Re: [DL] Session suggestions

--- Glenn Connot <glennconnot@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Listers,
> Call me a glutton for punishment, but I'm going to

*Ahem* OK, you're a glutton for punishment. Odd
request, but I aim to please.

> Anyway, after the Posse steals the ghostrock back
> and makes the run for
> town, I want them to come across a respectable
> abomination, something truly
> geographical in proportions.  Ideas?  I don't expect

How's this:

The Bed Jesus made is not what's driving him looney.
Instead, the power of the Ghost Rock has awakened an
ancient Anasazi spirit of the mountains. This spirit
requires a blood sacrifice in order to free it, so
Jesus has set about creating an altar and blood-bowl
in the canyon. His men are nervous about this, but too
loyal (or stupid) to desert.

Jesus has either kidnapped someone, of if a posse
member gets captured plans to use them, as a
sacrifice. The posse shows up just in time to avert
the sacrifice, but in shooting him down (presumably)
his own blood runs over the altar and such.

Now the mountain itself starts shaking. Let the posse
make some dodge rolls and such to avoid falling rocks
and trees as they grab the wagon and drive out - and
let them turn around to see a huge human form emerging
from the mountain. It grabs the bandits and followers
and devours them as the heroes watch, horrified.

If it goes well, you can even make a few sequels out
of finding a shaman who can explain how to lay the
spirit to rest in the mountains again.

What do you think, sirs?

- Ivan
http://www.gamesgroove.com/ivan/