Re: [DL] I've got an idea [PEG]

--- Glen Perry <ottiss_campbell@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well that explains a lot

Allow me to try.

1) If you want books to sell, covers are colored.
These cost more to print. Therefore, printing 2-3
covers will be worse for PEG than printing 1 cover.

2) Most people psychologically see buying 3 books as
worse than 1. Look at White Wolf's original Changeling
magic cards system, or AD&D's Encyclopedia Magica
series, and the number of complaints they drew from
the market (this is based on my experiences as a
distributor. We could typically sell three times as
many books to stores when all the info was in one
book.)

3) There are a lot of places where the products would
refer to each other. While theoretically players could
own one and the Marshal another, in reality, the
player's section usually is usually just as necessary
to the Marshal as the other sections.

I'm sure there are many, many other factors to the
decision as well, these are just the first two that
spring to mind. It's not a *horrible* idea, but it
causes just as many problems as it solves.

Does that help some?

- Ivan
http://www.gamesgroove.com/ivan/