Re: [DL] Defending Yankee Pride

In a message dated 11/8/2001 12:21:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
reginald_q_bumbershoot@hotmail.com writes:

<< For those of you with Southern pride, what exactly do you have against us
 cute, wuvvable Yanks? And those of you like myself, what makes us Yanks in
 the first place? Me, I think it's a love of two-bit words and a need for
 punctuality. >>

I agree wholeheartedly. The North always gets the short end of the stick in
the books. However, I wouldn't call myself a Yankee- that implies old English
or Dutch. It would quite fit me (Irish/Portugese/Russian Jewish).

Peter Berard

I want to create an omelet that expresses the meaninglessness of existence,
and instead they taste like cheese.