[DL] Re: Shotguns, Gun List & D20 Skill List

Guns larger than 8-bore were, I think,  used in
America by commercial hunters until game laws stopped
this.

Huge, muzzle loading shotguns are still used in
Britain but they are rare. They are called punt guns,
and are basically a swivel gun mounted in the bow of a
punt (flat bottomed, shallow draft row boat), the
mount looks like a rowlock, allowing two degrees of
freedom.

The most amusing story I heard about punt guns was
that in the 19th or early 20th century a party of
treasure hunters armed a schooner with them to protect
themselves against dyak (?) tribesmen/pirates while
they recovered treasure from a wreck. One of the
pirate canoes disintegrated when hit (source, book
about Holland & Holland I believe).

If you have a look at the Deadlands page from
http://www.geocities.com/pellinoire/ you will find
some goodies. The first is a Deadlands gun list, which
the more I look at the less I like. I also see I have
not updated it from 1st ed. as well as I thought but
if you look at the shotgun stats they include damage
for different calibres - which I think I posted to
this list shortly after it began, within a year or so
of Deadlands first being published.

More importantly there is a list of D20 skills, could
you have a look at this and help spot the mistakes? I
have the same for Weirdwars (both are cut from one
master list) and there are some skills from each list
that would be useful on the other - eg. Artillery in
Deadlands.

I don't think Pinnacle will object to the list, it is
useless without the book and I think should have been
in the book, but I can take it down if they do.

Michael