RE: [DL] revised gun-table

Reality point:
>One question: Why is the Colt Walker listed as
>4d6 when it is actually smaller caliber than the Peacemaker (3d6), or is it
>a mistype?
Well...  caliber size and relative damage don't always equate.  As my friend
points out, a .45 bullet isn't as bad as a .357 magnum.  But then thats a
magnum.  Due to bullet design, range, and other factors (barrel design being
one too), it really comes down to what the gun was designed to do.  For
instance, a .30-06 round (WWII American Garand rifle used them; many sport
hunters use them today) is more damaging than a .38 out of a pistol, though
the .38 is a larger caliber.  This is because the .30-06 bullet is packed
with a helluva lot more powder than a .38 pistol bullet is.  The range is
also much better as well.

The diameter of the bullet doesn't always tell the whole story.

Glenn
Memento Mori, Memento Vivere
-Remember that you have to die, remember that you have to live.

Nolite te Bastardes Carborundorum
-Don't let the bastards grind you down.