RE: [DL] revised gun-table

It was.  But at the time, revolvers tended to be .36 caliber or so, with
relatively small amounts of powder charge.  The Walker was .44 and packed
more punch than the other cap and ball revolvers of the time.  But newer
(newer being post-1870) large bore pistols with top straps and metallic
cartridge ammunition weren't less powerful.  If anything, the top strap
allows for more power -- it holds the barrel on much more firmly... (refer
to one post about self-destructing Walkers -- overload the powder in an old
pistol without the top strap and it'll deform, moving the barrel out of line
with the cylinder...).  But now I'm rambling...

Jeff Y.