Re: AW: [DL] revised gun-table

 --- Markus Finster <markus.finster@chello.at> wrote:
> Well, I heard that it was the most powerful revolver
> of it's time, that's
> all.
> but I guess, it would be better to change the Adams
> Revolver to 4d6 and
> leave Colt Walker at 3d6. Or so.

The Colt Walker is a *damn* big gun - at about 15"
long, they're too long and heavy to wear for any
period of time in a belt holster.  They're meant to
hang off your saddle, being cavalry pistols.  The long
barrel gives the powder plenty of time to burn, giving
your bullet plenty of speed, and thus hitting power.

I'd be tempted to go for 4d6 for the monstrous
version, and 3d6 for a Walker cut down to a more
managable size...

If you haven't already got it, I'd recommend
Kucleduster's Old West firearms guide.  Plenty of
useful stuff in there.

Cheers,
Steve Wallace