Re: [DL] the third thing (was Everything to everyone)

--- Glenn Connot <glennconnot@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Third, I'm thinking of running a Deadlands game set
> in one town.  The
> characters will have businesses, jobs, family ties,
> etc., to the town.
> Anyone had any experience with a campaign like this?

Yes
keep the action moving
make sure you have plots lined up one right after the
other, and don't hinge everything on one character or
one character's business because that could ruin your
adventure
I ran a Gomorra-based campaign this summer and it
fizlled out because I didn't keep the action coming to
the players, I was trying to rely on them to take
initiative, but it never really happened.
good luck
-doc