Re: [DL] New Agency Archetype! (long)

--- Matt Maybray <reginald_q_bumbershoot@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody? Anyone at all?

I was going by the "no news is good news" school of thought, but I'll
respond.  I like it a lot.  It's a real interesting idea.
Unfortunately it's a Yankee.  Boo! ^_~

> >Here's a little something I've been working on for a while....
> >
> >New Science Investigator
> >
> >Traits & Aptitudes
> >Deftness 3d8
> >   Filchin 2
> >   Lockpickin 1
> >   Shootin: Automatics 3
> >Nimbleness 1d8
> >   Climbin 1
> >   Drivin: Steam Wagon 2
> >   Drivin: Auto-gyro 2
> >   Sneak 2
> >Quickness 3d6
> >Strength 3d6
> >Vigor 1d6
> >Cognition 4d10
> >   Search 2
> >   Scrutinize 2
> >Knowledge 2d10
> >   Academia: Occult 2

According to the chart on page 68 of The Agency, the minimum level of
Academia: Occult a starting Agent can have is three.  Otherwise all the
skills look good. :)

> >   Demolitons 2
> >   Professional: Law 2
> >   Professional: Photography 2
> >   Science: Chemistry 1
> >   Science: Engineering 1
> >   Science: Physics 1
> >Mien 4d6
> >   Persuasion 2
> >Smarts 2d12
> >   Streetwise 1
> >   Tinkerin 3
> >Spirit 2d6
> >   Guts 2
> >Wind 12
> >Edges: Belongins 3 (Agency Equipment)
> >        Belongins 1 (Rocket Grapnel)
> >        Friends in High Places 3 (SRF Technicians)
> >        Mechanically Inclined 1
> >Hindrances: Curious -3
> >             Enemy -4 (There's a mad scientist or two that would
> like
> >                        to have a few words with you....)
> >             Obligation -3 (Agency)
> >Gear: Gatling Pistol, Agency Badge & Credentials, Spare Cylinder,
> Box
> >       of 50 shells, Rocket Grapnel, Camera, 10 Photographic plates,
> >       Lockpicks, Tool kit, Pad & Paper, $225
> >
> >Personality
> >   I usually get handed the Event cases with a more technological
> bent. You
> >know; mad scientists, gremlin infestations, augmented werewolves...
> Yeah,
> >that last one got my attention, too.
> >   More often than not, I go undercover to get the skinny on some
> new
> >invention. Sometimes I pose as a lab assistant; other times, I just
> >brandish
> >my camera & say I'm with New Science magazine and those inventors
> open up
> >faster than a church on Sunday. Failing that, plain old breaking &
> entering
> >works too.
> >   Of course, the guys down in the SRF love me; I bring them new
> gizmos to
> >pull apart, and they'll "loan" me something that needs
> "field-testing". And
> >I'm quite good at bringing them new toys....
> >
> >Quote: "Hmmm... I wonder what THIS button does...."
> >

> >So, whattaya think? Comments, suggestions, and general feedback
> would be
> >appreciated!

Again, I really like the idea.  Normal scientists are often overlooked
as PCs in Deadlands.  The "why bother" factor seems to crop up there a
lot.  But you've neatly and elegantly dodged that bullet.  Kudos to
you, Mr. Maybray.

-Bryce "I said 'kudos'..." Perry

=====
"Not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy, and not everybody is plotting to decieve, enveigle and obfuscate!"

-Dana Scully, The X Files