Re: [DL] E-Books

> Oh ya I love them and I buy almost (not every) book I can. They are needed
> and I'd hate it if RPGs only came in e-book versions cuz it makes me have
> go to Kinko's and get them printed. On the flip side I go to conventions
and
> lug dozens of books around. It would be cooler to have them in my laptop
for
> that reason and if I'm running a game it's so much funner to look up the
> critters stats on my screen than grabbing the book and the player's go
> "great here comes the big beastie." I do most "secret" rolls or my rolls
> using a dice roller on  the laptop and the player's are clueless.

I used to use a laptop for a couple of gaming session when we were playing
Star Wars RPG or Cyberpunk 2020.
It was the equivalent to an old scrap of paper that I hand out to the player
instead to tell him "You find an old scrap of paper. Written on it is..."
So in the futuristic scenarios, I told them like "A message is coming
through" and then I played a movie, sound message, PPT-presentation,
whatever. But then I used it to keep notes too. And I found it damn
comfortable. ;-)

But, unfortunately, this laptop was only borrowed, so since I had to return
it, I'm back to the roots.

Markus