Re: [DL] To Whom It May Concern (Texas Rangers ?)

Hi again, lemme take another crack at this....

At 04:34 AM 11/18/2001, Matt Maybray wrote:
>Thanks for the reply.

         My pleasure, good sir! That's why I'm here.

>  Actually I was referring to the Players section of John Goff's Agency:
> Men in Black Dusters; essentially, Agents have to have the following
> skills at the minimum levels: Academia: Occult 2, Shootin: Automatics 3,
> Search 2, Scrutinize 2, Professional: Law 2, and Streetwise 1. I was just
> curious if there was a similar list for Rangers.

         There probably will be, but at a glance, it will certainly be
different and probably not as extensive as the Agency's list. After all,
the Rangers are technically part of the Confederate Army, and if nothing
else would have to be up to the military's snuff.

>  Also, I'm assuming that all Rangers have to take the hindrance
> Obligation -5 (Hunt down supernatural & shoot it or recruit it), but in
> return get the 5 point law man edge.

         I think so, yes. (Sorry I can't be more definite--I'm still up to
my ponytail in Monster Stuff. Character Stuff is next, tho!)

>As for BE:TS, it should be me thanking you. Fine book.

         On behalf of Steve, Ken and myself, thanks for the high praise,
good sir!

>  BTW, Dead Presidents kicked @$$! Everyone should pick this up, along
> with Rain O' Terror.

         Thanks again! And I'm pretty sure you just made Anthony Ragan's
and Hal Mangold's days, too.

         And if you haven't already gotten a copy of Dead Presidents: The
Author's Cut, I'd be more than happy send you (or anyone else here) a free one.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God