Re: [DL] To Whom It May Concern (Texas Rangers ?)

>From: "Mr. Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed." <sosentinel@adelphia.net>
>To: deadlands@gamerz.net
>Subject: Re: [DL] To Whom It May Concern (Texas Rangers ?)
>Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:19:01 -0500
>
>Hello good sir, and thanks for the question!
>
>At 01:37 AM 11/18/2001, Matt Maybray wrote:
>>Hey, Chris, I've got a Ranger-related question as well. In the Agency
>>book, there was a list of required aptitudes & the minimum level needed to
>>join. Any similar prerequisites for the Rangers?
>
>         I assume you are referring to the DL Classic System here (because
>D20 Rangers are a Prestige Class, and do indeed have stat minimums).
>         To be honest, I haven't gotten quite that far, but I am definitely
>leaning in that direction, simply to balance out the other goodies Rangers
>will get in this book (perks, abilities, and Gear, like the fearsome LeMat
>Undertaker).
>         As soon as I get past the Moebius Strip-like "Chapter 13" section,
>I'll let you know for sure.;-)
>
>         Thanks again for your interest in Lone Stars, and for saying good
>things about BE:TS!

Thanks for the reply. Actually I was referring to the Players section of
John Goff's Agency: Men in Black Dusters; essentially, Agents have to have
the following skills at the minimum levels: Academia: Occult 2, Shootin:
Automatics 3, Search 2, Scrutinize 2, Professional: Law 2, and Streetwise 1.
I was just curious if there was a similar list for Rangers. Also, I'm
assuming that all Rangers have to take the hindrance Obligation -5 (Hunt
down supernatural & shoot it or recruit it), but in return get the 5 point
law man edge.

As for BE:TS, it should be me thanking you. Fine book. BTW, Dead Presidents
kicked @$$! Everyone should pick this up, along with Rain O' Terror.

Thanks again!