[DL] The beginning story. My players stay out (spoilers)LONG

MY players stay out...

S...

     The game started out around the middle of Texas.
Austin, Texas at the Texas Rangers headquarters.  Two
of the players are sent north to Deadwood.  The Ranger
(Brett) didn't care for that.  His companion, a
Huckster (J.), and recruited of course, accompanied
the ranger.  They ended up in Deadwood.  ...and yes
they made it fine through the Sioux Nation.  They
actually took the longest way around in order to keep
clear of the indians.
     It was rather funny so I let them get by.  After
all, they haven't left Deadwood yet.
     They got into town.  The rangers mission here was
to Shoot or recruit someone.  How convenient, another
player (Dave).  This player is a thief and a huckster.
 (No more hucksters will be allowed.  ...and I still
need one more player to make 5 total.) Neither
huckster has Helpin Hand (ouch).  Well, through
entering into a poker contest (all of them) they found
one another.  The thieves picture in his ranger file
doesn't do him justice.  But, on an incredible 54 or
so on 1d8--which I watched the ranger roll.  He
recognized the fella and convinced him to join the
ranks.
     I have to admit that I haven't played Weird West
in a while, and I have missed my first character who
is still alive (not really, harrowed--kinda) and a
huckster.  Tom Henry Conner is his name; he made a
cameo and so did Doc Holiday who wished to win the
500$ that was to be won in the contest.  Neither did
surprisingly.  My players have been spending money
left and right.  They probably won't end up rich.
I'll make sure of that.  However, one of the players
won the contest and we even played out the last hand
between Doc and the (J) Huckster character.  The
huckster won.  I know, their both hucksters...putting
that aside...and no huckster abilities were used.  It
was a fair game.
     As for the (DAVE) thief, I let him steal my
original characters moneybag.  Tom noticed though and
has made a secret mission to get that bag back.  In it
is these items.  One very small piece of ghost rock,
two $2 nuggets of gold.  A deck of cards and an early
edition of Hoyles book of games, 2nd edition.
However, the other huckster (J) was Tom's student.
How convenient?  No, the thief cannot have the book!!!

     One other character popped in.  (Brad) An
enlightened, acupuncture, Martial Artist is his
character.  He's oriental and so darn well does he
play him.  He even gives him the Chinese accent, it's
great.  He came in and examined the others look over a
couple dead bodies that had been mauled the last two
previous nights.  The first kill was blamed on an
Indian that had been caught around the murder scene.
     The final night they were in Deadwood, they
caught up with the thing that had been killing buffalo
hunter and a miner.  The miner they never figured out.
One character almost died during the fight with the
creature (he he).  With claws that looked bears claws,
the monster did 4levels of wound to the rangers’ head.
I actually wanted everyone to live; I decrease the
damage by 5 points.  The huckster (J) has Black
Lightning, and used it do 139 points of damage to the
gizzards.  I was so shocked that I decided to make
everyone laugh by decreasing only one wound.
     The vial creature was so messed up that when the
ranger hurried to take care of the pieces, the body,
torso completely charred, crumbled in two.  At the
same time, they all found out what the creature really
was.  ...a totally crazed lunatic that took actually
bear parts, claws included, and some lizard-like
creature skin and beautifully attached them together.
To the characters, it looked authentic.  It was a man.
     That is where we left off.  They still have to
leave town.  The ranger convinced Marshall Bullock
that the Indian was wanted in the disputed lands as
well.  He would take him off his hands so he did not
have any trouble with the Sioux tribe, which Bullock
was anticipating.  Right now, the Chinese doctor is
watching the body, which has acupuncture needles
sticking out of seven different areas, and the ranger
is convinced the Sioux had something to do with it.
Trust me, he didn’t.
      I should have more later as the story
progresses.
Mark E. Gerke