RE: Re: [DL] Richmond SPOILERS!!

"James Knevitt" <psipsina@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

>From: "Markus Finster" <markus.finster@chello.at>:
>
>> SPOILER SPACE

>> Ok, here's my question: Richmond isn't the best neighboorhood in Deadlands
>> to begin with, but after Dead Presidents, it's even worse.
>> Assuming the heroes win - shouldn't the capital be moved to someplace
>else?
>> Mr. McGlothlin said something about Atlanta. But wasn't Montgomery the
>first
>> Capital City of the CSA? Why shouldn't it just move back to it?
>> Or which city would be a fitting Capital?
>

>I think Atlanta would be perfect, to be quite honest. It's a good size, it
>has a solid industrial base, and it's situated in the Deep South. That, and
>I think it's most likely the coolest city in Deadlands, but that's just me.
>:)
>
>James
>> Markus

James,
I would disagree somewhat.  Though Atlanta would not be a bad choice, for many of the reasons you listed and the fact that it was a major railroad center.
However, I think that Atlanta lacks one major componant for a first rate capital city, a major seaport.  One must remember that at this time the most efficient way to get from point a to be is the water.  Several cities I might propose would be, Charleston SC, Savannah GA, Mobile AL, or even New Orleans LA.  Or you could, as suggested, return it to the orginal capital, Montgomery AL.

g'day
frempath