From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On
Behalf Of Allan Seyberth
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 10:48 AM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [DL] Intro Adventure

At 03:00 PM 11/23/2001 +0100, you wrote:
 >> Thanks to all for the advice on this question.  Unfortunately,
 >> I've been scouring the local game stores only to discover they
 >> had very little Deadlands material (hell, one store had more
 >> _Torg_ stuff than Deadlands).  I was able to pick up the Great
 >> Maze and Rascals/Varmints/Critters, anyway.
 >
 >I got most of my books from ebay. Check out the sellers with high-ranking
 >sold numbers - these are usually stores who sell new books. I got Fire &
 >Brimstone and a few others with prices ranging between 60-80% of the
retail
 >costs.

Just a quick soapbox here - The reason the local game store doesn't have
any Deadlands is probably because nobody is buying Deadlands books from
them.

If you can afford it, and if you have a store worth supporting, you should
think about asking the store if they will order some of the books you are
looking for - the store orders the books from their distributor, their
distributor sees that they are selling DL books, and they order more DL
books from the manufacturer (Pinnacle) and then everybody is happy.  :)

Or - if you are like me and already own all the books - another way to
support your local game store is to run a game in there.  I guarantee that
after 6 months of running in a store that you'll start to see more orange
sitting on their shelves.