RE: [DL] Weirdness randomiser

At 04:20 PM 11/23/2001 -0500, you wrote:
 >Well,
 >
 >I love your table, and think it fits perfectly for what you are trying
 >to achieve.  However, I also think that this will create as much
 >resentment as simply verbally limiting the arcane abilities.
 >
 >If you want to make arcane abilities rarer, I would simply up the cost
 >of Arcane Background.  Perhaps to 5 or maybe even 7 points.  At 5, it
 >would still allow for the Metal Mage or Blessed Martial Artist, and at
 >7, a starting character couldn't have more than one, and even then, it's
 >a hefty cost.

That's what I do - arcane backgrounds cost 5.

I also limit all edges to generally one per party.  If two players want the
same one and neither wish to back down, I'll grant it to the player not
taking an AB.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
                 -Steven Wright