Re: [DL] Help, please! Epitaph questions...

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 07:54:41PM -0500, Dan Conley said:
>         1. How many issues were there?

 Three, thus far.  The fourth one is under construction (or at least the
 inimitable Mr McGlothlin is working on a bit of it) at the moment.

>         2. Are they all worth tracking down if I only play The Weird
> West and not Hell on Earth, etc.?

 To some extent.  The second one has some info on guns to give to Confederate
 characters, a few new monsters, a story, some Q & A and some new spells
 for the Weird West.

 The third one has a dime novel, some very nice background information about
 the profession of undertaking (I'd really like to see this feature
 continued in future Epitaphs), and I can't remember what else.  It was
 recently released in print format rather than the CD-ROM it had to be
 obtained on for the past year or so, and now contains the Deadlands D20
 adventure Rats in the Maze which either is or used to be available to
 download from Pinnacle's site, and which a read-though of it revealed it
 to look rather lame (fight these monsters, then fight these monsters, then
 fight these other monsters over here) - although I haven't played or run it
 so I won't claim to be making any actual informed comments.  :>)

>         3. I'm ready to begin playing again after some time away and am
> thinking of running the Trouble at Table Rock adventure from Epitaph #1.
> At the end of the adventure, it says, "To be continued in the
> Tribulations of Table Rock. It ain't over yet." Did this sequel
> adventure ever see print? Was it in an Epitaph and, if so, which issue?

 Not as yet, no.  Haven't heard anything about it.

 Wishkah

--
       | This is pointless and will only promote in-jokes and cliquism.|