Re: [DL] Alternate Character creation (was: A Question About Edges...)

At 06:13 AM 11/24/2001 -0600, you wrote:
 >My group decided to fix this situation by altering the character creation
 >rules.  Instead of Aptitude Points, you just start with a chunk o' Bounty
 >(equal to 3 times your Cognition+Smarts+Knowledge).  Everything is bought
 >at the standard Bounty rate.  This causes most characters to have a bunch
 >of level 1-3 skills, with only one or two at level five.  Edges become
 >really expensive, too.  We even had hucksters and sykers (from HoE)
 >starting with only four in thier main skill.
 >This method is more complicated, and not something to spring on newbies
 >right away, but makes for much more interesting characters.

And in early January, my game starts up again.  This is really intriguing
me as a possibility.

Can either of you post a sample character created this way, if you happen
to have one on hand.  I'm wondering if it is possible to make a good
gunslinger from the start this way, or if it gives too much of an edge to
Mad Scientists, Hucksters, etc. who often have to put their high stats into
the CKSm stats.

And to clarify - is that 3x the die type of CKSm?

I'm assuming that Hindrances are worth 3x bounty points and that VotWW is
worth 45?

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining
and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
                 -Mark Twain