RE: [DL] Stone??? (SPOILERS)

Oh, don't get me wrong.... Stone isn't gonna roll over and say "kill me"...
he is gonna put up a hell of a fight... and it will be more terrible than
Dead Presidents or the Devil's Trilogy for the players. But tell me that
your posse doesn't want to put him down. Although my first Deadlands Group
went through the Trilogy and had a deep hatred of Stone... they would love
, and believe they deserve, to slay Stone... I made sure that Stone was a
force to be hated... they had some trusted NPCs that accompanied them on the
adventure... Stone slew those NPCs with cold efficiency and without any
remorse.

Don't forget that there are two Stones in the Weird West... only one is
gonna make it to Hell on Earth... perhaps he makes it to the Lost Colony...
we do know that he has an important thing to accomplish in the Hell on Earth
setting, there is nothing to say that he won't have a say in the Wierd West
anymore. I think that there will be an adventure (possibly an adventure for
both settings ala the Donner Party in the newest Epitaph) that we will see
the end of Stone....

Yuri

spoilers

     As for defeating Stone, those are two very big
words in deadlands.  This would take a heck of a force
of hombres to take down Stone.  I am taking for
example my own first character.  He is played under
original DL rules and quite a badA**. I know of
beginning characters who could rake the dirt over his
grave if they were jainked.  You need some hard
characters to ruin him good, ruin him flat or plainly
blow away his egotistical head.  I know how powerful
Stone is, and I have made just as monstrous a creation
that it would only compare to Stone as his pet.  The
party that takes down Stone sure as heck have been
playing at least 1 real year of creation play because
they're gonna need it.  I have seen Stone played wrong
by other Marshalls.  Each time, he was a mover so to
speak.  Quick in to get the job done and leave, not
cautious at all; I don't believe Stone be played as
such a chump.  One on one, he'll kill any character,
and be already knowledgable of what they can do.  He's
not stupid, he's cunning.