Re: [DL] A few rules questions

Wow, thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.  My problem
with the purchasing new concentrations comes from this section of the
Weird West Player's Guide:

(Pg. 38, second column, 3rd & 4th paragraphs)
	"Your character can learn additional concentrations of a skill for a
flat 3 bounty points, regardless of how high the skill itself is.
	This counts during character creations and once play begins.  If your
hombre already has shootin': pistol at level 5, he can pick up shootin':
shotgun at level 5 for three bounty points"

Note that it does not mention anything about related concentrations nor
does it tell you that if raising the overall skill level will raise both
concentrations to the new level (Though I assume for now they do).  I
checked the section on gaining new aptitudes, the only thing I can find
on this is the part that says some Mental aptitudes require some sort of
training, but then just that implies that your character needs to
actually roleplay learning the new aptitude.

As for the Artillery: Gatling Gun vs Shootin': Automatics, I've had it
explained to me by a friend who was an artillery officer in the military
that the Artillery skill seems to be more strategic in nature, letting
the character with that skill understand the capabilities of each weapon
and where best to locate them on a battlefield for maximum effect.  The
character actually manning the Gatling Gun would need the shootin':
automatics skill to actually fire and reload the weapon.  Neither
character would need to know how the other does his job.

In that respect, I can only see an advantage for having Artillery skill
for large scale combats involving small armies.  Does this skill give
characters any special bonus in "The Great Rail Wars" game?