[DL] Greenhorn in the Weird West

Okaiz...I juss got finished reading through the Player's Guide and Marshal's
Handbook for DL:WW, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed. I 'specially love
that spin that they put on Union and Confederacy "politics"...if you're only
players, don't worry bout what i said...if you guys be Marshals, snicker now.
The thing is, I got a couple questions to pose on you guys.

First of all, similar to the question posed on "More Hell On Earth," what
books are IMPERATIVE for any Marshal worth his pesos? I'm on a really tight
budget, and will also be the only member of my gaming group to own a copy of
DL:WW.

How do opposed rolls work? I read the paragraph on it over and over, but it
doesn't seem to make sense...something about succeeding both a fair
difficulty as well as your opponent's roll. Well, what if both parties fail?
If one dude's sneakin' round, and some two bit rustler's listening for
intruders, and both fail their rolls (the dude for his sneak and the rustler
for his cognition) then what happens?

Is there anything out there about how to do other "mental games" hucksters
can play with the manitous for their hexes besides poker? I know the good
people down at pinnacle picked poker cuz *duh* this is setting in the
American Frontier...but still, what if I'm an old, wizened Japanese huckster
that instead of playing poker, plays a game of Go or Mah-jong?

Thanx ahead of time for the imput!

Richard
Tinhorns R' Us!