Re: [DL] Greenhorn in the Weird West

> RVC II - I love this book, personaly, but I also love weres so getting
> werewolves in DL:tWW was a bonus to me. The monsters are not as
> important, and generaly what is in there is not as good as RVC I, IMHO.

Dude, it details each of the Hangin' Judges individually, not to mention
giving several variants on Walkin' Dead and other undead beasties.  It also
details Living Houses and the truly nasty Gabriel Hounds.  How can you NOT
recommend it?

> > Is there anything out there about how to do other "mental games"
> > hucksters
> > can play with the manitous for their hexes besides poker? I know the
> > good
> > people down at pinnacle picked poker cuz *duh* this is setting in the
> > American Frontier...but still, what if I'm an old, wizened Japanese
> > huckster
> > that instead of playing poker, plays a game of Go or Mah-jong?

The reason they don't recommend using other methods is that they set the
hexes up according to a certain probabiluty curve.  If you use something
else, you're going to throw that curve off.  That's why, even if
thematically you decide that your Huckster envisions, say, roulette, you
should still use the poker hand mechanic instead of getting some kind of
pocket roulette game.  The odds just aren't the same.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times