Re: [DL] Greenhorn in the Weird West

>First of all, similar to the question posed on "More Hell On Earth,"
what
>books are IMPERATIVE for any Marshal worth his pesos?

My recommendations for Marshals:
Law Dogs (details shootin' irons and heroes and villians)
Rascals, Varmints & Critters I & II (details the ornery abominations
stalkin' the west)

Those are the basics. You can create any adventure with a few beasties,
desperadoes and the main rule books. However, a more detailed scenario
awaits in:

City o' Gloom (boxed set with Salt Lake City and weird science)
The Great Maze (boxed set with California, ghost rock and kung fu
powers)
River o' Blood (boxed set detailing the Mississippi region)
South o' the Border (the Mexican sourcebook. Mucho bueno!)
Back East: The North & South (two books detailing the Union and
Confederacy)
The Black Circle (the most nefarious sourcebook, for Marshals only!)

>How do opposed rolls work? I read the paragraph on it over and over,
but it
>doesn't seem to make sense...something about succeeding both a fair
>difficulty as well as your opponent's roll. Well, what if both parties
fail?
>If one dude's sneakin' round, and some two bit rustler's listening for
>intruders, and both fail their rolls (the dude for his sneak and the
rustler
>for his cognition) then what happens?

Do you mean fail as in go bust or simply not make a Fair opposed roll?

"Marshal" Eric