Re: [DL] Texas Ranger (yet again)

At 08:23 PM 12/3/2001, Dave wrote:
>   All this Confederate Military and Ranger relation talk leads me to some
> questions for Mr.Mcglothlin (sorry if I butchered the speeling of your name):

         You did fine, good sir.;-) Thank you!

>  Do the Rangers use Confederate troops on special assignments(stuff that
> might require grunts or cannon fodder)?

         No, that's what Posses are for.:-)

         Seriously.

>  Would a Ranger's authority supercede regular military authority?

         No, but it's best really to think of them like the Cavalry:
they're part of the same chain of command, but are usually off doing their
own thing, far from the rest of the Army.

>  I understand if the answere is be patient and wait for Lone Stars.

         I hope you'll still be awaiting the book.;-)

         Thanks for the question!

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God