Re: [DL] Texas Ranger (yet again)

At 12:00 PM 12/4/2001, William Ogden wrote:
>what about bad in terms of, doesn't respect chain of command, goes off on
>his own to fight, loner, etc.  the stereotypical cop in any movie, for example.

         Not respecting the chain of command means you probably don't get
to be a Ranger, ever, but even past that hurdle, your Ranger career is
measured in minutes. Not respecting the chain of command in the Army means
you "ride the rail", or worse.

         Fighting by yourself is part of the job description--One Riot, One
Ranger. Fighting by yourself in the Army is called "suicide".

         Being a loner just makes me wonder why they'd JOIN anything in the
first place.

         As for movie cops, their allure stems from breaking rules which
mostly don't exist in 1878, so without anything more specific to reply to
on this point, I guess there's no problem here.

         Hope this helps, good sir!

         If you all still have questions about becoming a Ranger, please
feel free to post them, but I think I *may* have said all I can say without
just showing you all a copy of the book. (Breathe, Shane--I'm NOT going to
do that!:-) )

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God