Re: [DL] Possible way to keep the ABs at a reasonable level

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Munch Wolf wrote:
> > Priority  Traits   Aptitudes  Cash  Arcane
> >    A     Grizzled     30      $300    Yes
> >    B     Veteran      24      $250    No
> >    C     Seasoned     18      $200    No
> >    D     Greenhorn    12      $150    No

> I'm not sure I understand, does the Marshal still
> decide the play level, or do players pick their own
> level?  How is this better than the non-random trait
> system
> (http://www.deadlands.com/WeirdWest/Support/Adventures/DL%7ENonRandomCharacterGeneration.htm)?

If they are using the shadowrun system, you pick one thing as A, one thing
as B, one as C and one as D. IMHO, the above table needs some work if you
are going to use this system since the money option isn't very usefull
(why give up 6 trait points for $50 when you can get diniro or belongings
1 and get a heck of a lot more cash? This wasn't a problem in Shadowrun as
the same entry controlled the points used for spells and the cash values
were a lot more valuable (especially for riggers and deckers who needed it
for expensive equipment). Also, in shadowrun there were two levels of
magic ability and a race field, but it's a good idea just needs some work.