Re: [DL] Agency and The Rangers as patrons (PEG and Marshals only)

Shane and Goff know more about the Agency than I do, but I can answer the
Ranger halves.

At 07:13 PM 12/4/2001, Dave wrote:
>   I know when  the Agency and the Rangers assemble outside trouble
> shooters they can offer them money. But can they also offer assistance
> with legal troubles?

         Not routinely, no, but if you want to use it as a plot hook for
your campaign, it might be a fun set-up.

>  Could they help out a deseter, or get a pardon for an outlaw?

         Nope.

>  Or would they just dangle the characters criminal staus above him as
> blackmail, to get him to do a mission?

         If the character has criminal status, a Ranger will either arrest
them or shoot them, as the mood strikes him.

>  Also is the Agency and The Rangers above using criminals for dangerous
> missions? I have been reading a lot of DC Comics Suicide Squad lately, so
> the idea came to me.

         You can never say never, but I have a tough time picturing it
myself. Not that the Rangers are purely White Hats, but to me they're at
least Off-White Hats; enough so anyway to avoid consorting with the Black Hats.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God