RE: [DL] Specific states with supernatural happens

 >Nevada is my home half the year and I really wouldn't
 >call it a state of Gloom by any sense of the word.
 >Gambling, I'll give you that one but anyone who has
 >had the misfortune to sit through a flight incoming to
 >Vegas on a Friday evening, knows that gloom is not the
 >word to use.

Actually.  Gambling wasn't legalized in Las Vegas until 1910 or so.  Until
that point LV was only a tiny stopping hole for trains to take on water.

And as for fear in the Silver State. . .  two words for you . . . Comstock
Lode.  Virginia City was home to some of the richest men in America during
the silver boom, due to the incredibly rich silver deposits.

There was a piece of mining equipment used that rapidly earned the nickname
"widowmaker".  It pulverized the rock so finely that the miners lungs would
get cut up from the dust and they would die in a very bad way.

The trail in to Virginia City is cut out of the mountains and for a large
part of it no wider than one yard - with a sheer rock wall on one side and
a sheer drop on the other.

If you ever get a chance, stop by Virginia City - it's about an hour south
of Reno and is a pure tourist trap - but one with an Old West theme.  They
have one of the silver baron's houses nearly perfectly kept.  Awesome.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

Observation, and not old age, brings wisdom.