[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20011205-1

I realize that I'm mega behind on this and the topic may have already
finishd, but I figure I'll throw my 2 cents in a bit late.   my players
mentioned that they'd like to get some relics, so I thought about it and
realized one of them should have created one.   a blessed in the party (who
had the hinderances heroic, deathwish, and big britches) stayed behind to try
to hold Stone off while the rest of the party escaped.   since Stone was
needing to call up a tornado to ride at the time, it actually did give them a
good 10 seconds or so...   anyway, he called Stone out, I decided stone would
be amused by this and accept.   and the blessed charged him with a sword
(which he had just blessed with consecrate weapon) and did like 8 wounds to
the head in one shot (I really should have blocked, but Stone is an
overconfident SOB anyway).  'course after I chipped it Stone breather on him
for 130 odd wind damage and that was the end of him, but I decided that that
was a good reason for a relic to be created.   The sabre of Loius is now an
official relic of my game, it's power is that it is does an spirit damage in
addition to normal damage when used against anything evil.   one of my
players is on this 'serv so I won't go into the taints which I developed for
it to have (also I don't have the time to go into how they were developed,
some require some explanation)   but I think that every now and then a good
situation develops that warrents the creation of a relic, just watch you
don't make it too good...