[DL] Laying on Hands

Just a quick qeustion here.

If I recall correctly (don't have the book) the Blessed Laying On Hands says
that if you fail the roll, you receive a similar wound level, right?  Now,
does that sound a little harsh to anyone else out there?  I have a house
rule (now) that if you fail that roll, you merely lose the difference in
Wind & can't try again for a while, & if you go Bust, THEN you receive the
similar wound.  Does that sound more fair, or too easy going?

Jeff S

ps  And as for DL Christmas carols, shouldn't it be:

Away in the West, no crypt for the Dead,
but little foul creatures still scream in your head,
etc....