Re: [DL] Laying on Hands

> If I recall correctly (don't have the book) the Blessed Laying On Hands
says
> that if you fail the roll, you receive a similar wound level, right?  Now,
> does that sound a little harsh to anyone else out there?  I have a house
> rule (now) that if you fail that roll, you merely lose the difference in
> Wind & can't try again for a while, & if you go Bust, THEN you receive the
> similar wound.  Does that sound more fair, or too easy going?

I think the standard penalty for failure is fair.  Otherwise they could just
go around healing everyone left and right.  This way there's some real risk
for them.  Another part of it is the penalty to the roll for healing someone
of a different faith (I'd include not having any points in Faith in  this)
making it more dangerous.  After all, why would God want His chosen to heal
infidels?  It also has to do with a matter of faith.  Do you think God wants
anyone to take him for granted?  The wound mirroring helps to remind Blessed
that God is there and that they shouldn't treat this as just some mundane
ability- it's a very special thing to be able to say "You are HEEEEALED!!!"
and actually do it!

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times