RE: [DL] Stone Questions (spoilers)

<zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu> =====
>> Bugger off, players, nothing here for you

>> And most importantly, how did the fight at the end go? I really didn't
>like
>> that ending with "oh, if he gets mortally wounded, the reckoners
intervene
>> and he fades away." Sorry, you guys from pinnacle, but that's cheating.
>
>Remember- Stone is a Servitor.  If you don't know about Servitors, check
Hell
>on Earth.  Basically, though, being the Servitor of Death makes him
badder'n
>Leroy Brown.  It's going to take a HELL of a lot more than a good head
shot
>to take him down for good.

I agree with Nick on this one.

In our campaign, of course, we didn't have a Stone. We had Heywood
Landry (later renamed Heywood F. Landry after he totally bitch–slapped
our posse, causing heart attacks and major phobias right, left and centre),
who replaced Stone.

He also swirled away into dust whenever we dealt him a mortal wound. It
took a lot of effort and blood and tears on our parts to bring him down after
he harassed our posse for the better part of three years in game time.

Somewhere out there was the gun that had killed him the first time, and it
was with that gun and characters with the Faith Apitude that we were
finally able to defeat him. Even then it was touch–and–go, and we almost
didn't survive the encounter.

Stone is one of the Major Bad Guys™ after all. He's a Servitor, which
makes bringing him down one of the biggest accomplishments of any
posse, ever. He should be a force used to terrify and demoralise a posse
rather than simply kill them in their sleep. What's the point of just killing
the posse when you can use them to spread more terror instead?

If you'd asked any of our posse about Heywood Landry before we finally
defeated him, they would have answered that there was no living (or
undead) human being who could stand up to him and live to tell the tale.
He would turn up at the worst moments to kick us while we were down
and laugh that horrible dry laugh of his and make us even more terrified
and miserable. That was far more effective than if he'd just laid waste to
our posse. We lived in terror of the day he'd reappear, because we knew
he could kill us with relatively little effort.

Hope this helps. :)

Daphne