AW: [DL] Re: sleep

-1 to the steps is a bit harsh, I think. How about this:
let's assume, that Joe Average needs 8 hours to be fully rested.
As long as he has at least 6 hours, I wouldn't give the player any penalty -
just stress the point that the character keeps yawning in inapprobiate
moments and feeling not so fit, all-in-all.
For every hour less than 6 I'd give the player a -1 penalty to roll totals
on any mental traits. So, after 3 hours of sleep, you would roll your
cognition with -3.
That's for the first night. Each night that the character can't get his 8
hours of sleep, this penalty is increased by one. So, after Joe spend the
first night in a row having the longest watch, never sleeping more than 3
hours, he has -5 to all his mental skills and traits.

Now, why wouldn't I impose any penalties on physical traits? One word,
adrenaline. If you're in danger, you will be kicked into gear, no matter how
long you slept the night before. You might be more exhausted afterwards, but
still there shouldn't be any problems.
If you want to give the players really a hard time, let them roll for
things, that are normally no problem. Like saddling up or something.

I have to confess that I never bothered much about rules for to less sleep
and I don't know how much the above would do to game balance and such.

anyway, just my two small (damned small, in fact) Euro-Cents.
Markus