Re: [DL] Alternate starting character points

 >I use times 3, but then say hucksters etc. do not get free hexes = to their
 >hexslinging, hexes, miricles, gifts, favors etc all have to be bought at 5
 >each.  This basically means that non arcane types end up tougher than under
 >the standard system

That's exactly what I wanted to do.  I just wanted to confirm the numbers.

By easing the costs of skills, but not easing the costs of edges, I hope to
shift the focus on the skills takers.  Also there is a subtle psychological
effect of having to pay "extra" for the higher level skills that may serve
to slow down the min-maxing of skills that happen.

I'm going to charge for spells, but I'm thinking 5 for spells may be a bit
steep for the startup of the game - but if I charge less (like 3) then I
give up the other advantage of this method of character generation.  That
of simplifying the system by ditching the character generation system by
consolidating it into the normal experience system.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."
                 - Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970)