Re: [DL] Alternate starting character points

(It was me who suggested it)
Yeah, multiplying the whole thing by 3 does give characters more skill
points...but it also encourages them to spread their skills out, so you
end up with a lot more skills at low levels, which I think is more
realistic (especially in a HoE, which is where we used it).
To bring that level down, rather than multiplying by 3, you could
multiply the die type of each Trait by its coordination.  The average
multiplier would be 2.5ish (not counting the off chance of a 5d12 from
double joker), but it would force people to use higher coordinations
instead of saving htem for Quickness and Strength.

-
> doesn't that  just give people more skill points overall.

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich Ranallo

"Rock and Roll will be the new planetary culture, believe it or not."
-Prof. Michio Kaku