Re: [DL] Alternate starting character points

> >I use times 3, but then say hucksters etc. do not get free hexes = to
>their
> >hexslinging, hexes, miricles, gifts, favors etc all have to be bought at
>5
> >each.  This basically means that non arcane types end up tougher than
>under
> >the standard system
>
>That's exactly what I wanted to do.  I just wanted to confirm the numbers.
>
>By easing the costs of skills, but not easing the costs of edges, I hope to
>shift the focus on the skills takers.  Also there is a subtle psychological
>effect of having to pay "extra" for the higher level skills that may serve
>to slow down the min-maxing of skills that happen.
>
>I'm going to charge for spells, but I'm thinking 5 for spells may be a bit
>steep for the startup of the game - but if I charge less (like 3) then I
>give up the other advantage of this method of character generation.  That
>of simplifying the system by ditching the character generation system by
>consolidating it into the normal experience system.

>Allan Seyberth

My basic philosophy is that things should cost the same during character
generation and during play.  Every AB character in my campaign started with
a 5 in their supernatural skill.  It's only logical, you get 15+25=40 bounty
worth of skill and spells.  It would be really hard to play a "starting"
hexslinger with only a 3 hexslinging, for 2 more skill points you get 19
bounty of stuff.