[DL] Re: Vet of the Weird West in d20

If you're dead set on keeping Veteran of the Weird West, here's what I'd do:

Let the character start off at 2nd or 3rd level then create a random bad news
(like in the original Deadlands).

Original vet was, essentially, free experience (bounty points) with a bad
drawback.

This "feat" lets them start off as more experienced, but with a price (feat
slot and big bad stuff).

--- Glen Perry <ottiss_campbell@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Howdy folks,
> Just picked up my copy of the D20 book, and the
> Huckster book. Made a few changes that I agree with, (
> as a Marshal,and a few that I don't, as a player :)
> I have a few questions and take criticism very well, (
> since the doc has taken all sharp objects away)
> #1)Vet use to be 15 pts. now do you give the players
> that in skill pts?
> #2)Is there another chrt. sheet other than the one on
> the deadlands site? This one has zeros in it.
>
>                       Thanks Fer Lisrdtenin'
>                              Glen

=====
Jasyn Jones
jasyn@mac.com
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Ulysses, Alfred Lord Tennyson