Re: [DL] Fictional Cowboys

> --- MikeEdwR@aol.com wrote:
> > I recognize everyone but Britt Ponsett. Where did he
> > come from?
> >
> He was the protagonist of a radio western call The Six
> Shooter and was portrayed by James Stewart (yes, THAT
> James Stewart). Due to problems with sponsorship, it
> only last one season. However, it still has a small
> but dedicated following.

Ah yes.  A wonderful radio program.  Anyone who is in the LA area (or for
that matter most of California) can tune in weeknights from 9 to 10 pm on
KNX News Radio 1070 AM for old radio programs.  At least one night a week is
dedicated to westerns, and The Six Shooter is part of their library, along
with Gunsmoke, The Lone Ranger, Sergeant Preston of the Mounted (great for
the GWN,) and several others.